The Philippine General Hospital is the biggest tertiary hospital in the country which serves 600,000 to 800,000 patients a year, 80% of whom are indigents. The Hospital is funded by government funds through the University of the Philippines, to which it is a part. It services not only the metropolitan Manila, but receives referrals from all over the country. Aside from providing service to the poor, it is also the training hospital of the University of the Philippines College of Medicine for its students and interns. It also provides a full range of training programs for residents and fellow in various specialties. It is also a center for medical research.
One of the biggest problems in the Philippine General Hospital involving its service to the indigents is the lack of funds to finance much needed medicines and costly special laboratory tests. The Medical Social Services has been trying its best to accommodate this need through donations from various quarters such as individuals and donor organizations such as Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) and Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), but these efforts are not enough to cover the needs of thousands of patients who cannot afford to buy their own medicines and pay for the cost of special laboratory tests, such as CT scan and MRI etc. Only a fraction of these patients are able to avail of the limited donations. Over One Million Pesos (Php1,000,000.00) is needed every month to cover such needs.
The PGH Medical Foundation, Inc. which started operating in 2003 decided to create a Fund to augment the efforts of the Medical Social Services. In 2004, it created the Charity Patients Emergency Fund, which was later changed to Charity Patients Medical Fund. At present, the Foundation has answered the needs of some of these patients through direct financial aid.
Procedures and Criteria for Selection of Beneficiary:
1. All patients who are applying for assistance has to be screened by the Medical Social Services to qualify as indigent patient.
2. Referrals should come from physician in-charge.
3. Request should include a list of medications and/or special laboratory tests with corresponding costs.
4. Financial aide is limited to Php7,000.00 per requests except for special cases depending on the merits of the request.
We refrain giving assistance to:
1. Terminal cases
2.ar advanced cancer, and/or hopeless cases involving neurological disorder with poor prognosis
3. Maintenance medications for cases such as arthritic conditions, hypertensions, diabetes, long-term dialysis, etc.
4. Expensive surgical cases such as open heart surgery and organ transplants. (except if special funds donated by donors who specified for these cases).
Allocation of funds:
Many donors donate for specific cases, such as pediatric surgery, geriatric cases, hydrocephalus, pediatric patients, etc.
The Foundation allocates these funds to satisfy the donor’s specific requests.
Source of funding:
Companies/corporations and other foundations
Fund-raising events – the foundation holds events every year such as golf tournaments, art auction, concert, fashion shows, etc. some of these events are organized solely to fund the Charity Patients Medical Fund.
The Foundation keeps a logbook detailing disbursements which includes names of patients and receipts. Reports are sent to donors periodically and or when the funds have been exhausted.
- Anu Script Manager
- AutoCAD 2014 Crack
- Lumion Pro Crack
- Lumion Pro 11 Crack
- Google Sketchup Pro 2019 Crack
- Acronis True Image Crack
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Crack Dll Files 32bit/64bit
- Tally Prime Crack
- Enscape 3D Full Crack
- InPage Download
- TuneUp Utilities Crack
- Anno 1800 Free Download
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 Download with Crack
- Avast AntiTrack Premium Crack
- PE Design Crack
- Speechelo Pro Crack
- Windows 10 Activator TXT
- Avast Secureline VPN Crack